NARU supports Carbon Monoxide Awareness

CO Awareness and NARU

NARU has teamed up with CO Awareness, a charity set up seven years ago to provide support to those poisoned by carbon monoxide and raise awareness about the dangers. You can visit their website here.

COWhat are the issues?
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, highly poisonous gas that can kill in minutes. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be caused by ANY fuel that burns or smoulders.

Watch out for the symptoms:

  • Mild headache
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Fatigue
  • Drowsiness

Carbon Monoxide poisoning can strike in many different and unexpected ways. CO Awareness have produced a range of safety posters and leaflets, which are shown below.

CO Awareness Checklist
Support the CO Pledge
Home Safety
Camping (flyer)
Camping
Boating
Barges
Students
Holidays
Holiday – portable alarm
Awareness at Home
Protecting Children
Checking your CO – who qualifies?
Stoves and Ranges
CO Awareness and Babies
Alarm Advice
The Weakest Link
Four Steps to CO Awareness

If you require high-resolution versions for print, please email Lynn Griffiths or call 07715 899 296.

The dangers of CO Awareness poisoning
Find out more about the effects of people poisoned by Carbon Monoxide here.