The College of Paramedics is pleased to launch a set of guiding principles to aid in the creation of continuous improvement, workforce development and improved outcomes for service users.
The principles are designed to guide individuals, employers and wider systems to create a culture of continuous improvement, workforce development and improve outcomes for service users.
People working in the health and social care workforce operate in a changing, challenging and complex environment. Practising safely and effectively, now and in the future is essential.
These principles have been developed in partnership with fellow Professional Bodies and Trade Unions from across the health and social care professions and workforce.
The five principles are that CPD and Lifelong Learning should;
- Be each person’s responsibility and be made possible and supported by your employer
- Benefit the service users
- Improve the quality of service delivery
- Be balanced and relevant to each person’s area of practice or employment
- Be recorded and show the effect on each person’s area of practice