The NARU Education Centre has applied for the prestigious Skills for Health Quality Mark, which demonstrates that an organisation has met the unique health sector quality framework for learning and training – and the high standards expected by health care employers.
- provides a robust and systematic process for measuring the quality of our training and learning provision
- gives both internal and external colleagues, customers and commissioners greater confidence that the training we offer has been quality-assured by an external auditor
- paves the way for new business opportunities
- allows us to benchmark our organisation’s training standards against a recognised audit standard
- offers a greater profile, recognition and credibility
So far, there have been a number of visits and assessments of the NARU Education Centre facilities by the Skills for Health Assessment Team, as well as the collation of documentary material and the monitoring of NARU teaching sessions.
NARU Head of Education Dave Bull QAM says:
“We are taking nothing for granted and the process for receiving this Quality Mark is extremely rigorous. However, it would be a great achievement for NARU if we could get it, because the Quality Mark focuses on the key factors that underpin high-quality teaching, learning and assessment. However at present it is business as usual and we continue to deliver our usual high quality course provision.”
In addition to displaying the Quality Mark logo on course materials and advertising, NARU will be included in the main Skills for Health database that employers use to search for learning and training providers and courses.