1) The NARU Deputy Director, Mike Shanahan has now returned to his substantive post within Yorkshire Ambulance Service. The Deputy Director post has been removed from the NARU structure and the responsibilities for that role have been shared out amongst the remaining senior team. The NARU Director, Keith Prior has now assumed full management responsibilities for the NARU team.
2) Head of Capabilities Gerry Byrne has been appointed by the Office of Security and Counter Terrorism as the interim Head of the Police National CBRN Centre at Ryton, although he will continue to be involved with NARU in a senior capacity supporting and overseeing the Capabilities workstream.
3) Tracy Redman will be acting up as NARU Head of Capabilities and will be doing this along with her existing duties.
4) Steve Tilling joined the NARU level 1 on-call from 01/01/2014 (replacing the on call position vacated by Mike Shanahan).
5) Chris Cooper joined NARU from the 01/01/2014 on short fixed term secondment as Compliance Officer and will be based at the Police National CBRN centre in Ryton. His contact details are email@example.com and mobile 07771 365741. Chris will also be picking up the level 2 NARU on-call position vacated by Steve Tilling who has moved to level 1. (We hope to have more details about Chris’s work in the next edition of NARU eNews).
Therefore the NARU management structure is now as follows:
NARU Director – Keith Prior
Medical Director – John Stephenson
Head of Education – Dave Bull QAM
Interim Head of Capabilities – Tracy Redman
National Ambulance Resilience Coordinator – Mark Norbury
For further clarification please contact Keith Prior.