There is no doubt that joining a HART team takes a lot of preparation and training.
However it also calls for a range of personal attributes that will enable the team member to operate effectively within this environment.
Some characteristics of HART personnel:
- Work well with others in a team
- Can communicate quickly and freely with others on scene
- Have good physical fitness and stamina
- Can think quickly and are ready to make difficult judgment calls
- Can see themselves undertaking clinical intervention in potentially difficult or extreme situations
- Are flexible and can readily adapt to changing circumstances
- Can remain calm under pressure
- Are mentally and physically resilient