The UK Emergency Services Games (UKESG) provide a stage where all emergency services employees, immediate family and those retired from the services have the chance to compete against each other on a national level.
The Games are about supporting services to promote a healthy and active lifestyle, recognising the positive benefits of sports participation on both physical and mental wellbeing.
UKESG describe their Mission Statement as:
To provide funding to:
- Agencies which will support the mental wellbeing of Emergency Service staff, and other such local charitable causes as proposed by Emergency Services around the UK
- Enable people to take the first steps, to a better mental and physical state, no matter their age, gender, race, ability or background to maintain that journey and to challenge inequality in sport participation
- Adhere to our 6 key principles & values
Key Principles & Values
- Recognition: We recognise the commitment to serve by all UK Emergency Services staff “who turn out for us, the public, no matter what”
- Health & Wellbeing: We promote and actively support mental and physical wellbeing to ensure UK Emergency Services staff are better equipped to cope and serve
- Participation: We ensure participation for all is on a level playing field – “uniforms on or off, we are all equal”
- Ambition: We structure the Games to provide serious competition, graded by age & gender, to recognise the drive to win. Our ambition is at the same time to encourage those who simply want to participate, acknowledging a PB is just as rewarding as finishing first.
- Community: We will create for the Emergency Services a community with a sense of belonging during this difficult and fractured society
- Quality: We will demonstrate that we are great at running events in the UK.
Whether grassroots or elite, your participation is what matters!