The app aims to reach the many thousands of staff involved in emergency response providing them with essential reminders about the five principles of joint working and the Joint Decision Model.
It also includes some other useful prompts and checklists including:
- Incident Checklist – for commanders as they arrive at an incident
- METHANE report that can be completed using the app and sent via text or email
- Steps to help develop a joint understanding of risk for those at the scene
- Instructions for Airwave radio handsets, including how to change talkgroups
- Examples of incident commander tabards worn on the scene of an incident
- A glossary of agreed map symbols taken from the Civil Contingencies Lexicon
Carl Daniels, the JESIP Deputy Senior Responsible Officer, said:
“Our original, printed Aide Memoire cards were voted by emergency services as one of the most useful JESIP products. Now we have brought them to life via the App. It will hopefully complement the range of JESIP awareness and training tools we have produced and help all staff apply JESIP on the ground “.
JESIP instigated a significant change in the culture of joint working amongst emergency services, partners and the wider agencies involved in emergency response. We truly hope by embracing technology we can reach many more people with the fundamentals of JESIP.
This more sustainable resource will help JESIP become truly embedded and applied in any multi-agency emergency response achieving that ultimate aim of “working together – saving lives”.